We are proud to offer both Advanced Placement courses as well as Dual Enrollment.
Benefits for the Student:
- The student can earn both high school and college credit at the same time.
- The courses and credits will be on the student’s GCC or Alfred State transcript and will transfer to many other colleges.
- Obtaining Dual Credit reduces the number of courses needed for a college degree after high school graduation.
- Tuition fees are lower.
- Courses are challenging, with college-level content and expectations.
- Students are introduced to the college experience while still at home and with their friends, increasing motivation to attend college after high school.
- Conducive Learning Environment – The students who choose to be in these rigorous classes want to be there and want to learn. These classes may be more stimulating.
- Your “Major” – Students could potentially earn enough credits to enter college as a sophomore and begin to work on their major that much sooner.
- Statistics prove that taking rigorous classes leads to future college success!
English Language and Composition (12th grade)
United States History (11th grade)
Psychology (12th grade)
Physics 1 (12th grade)
AP European History (12th grade)
Dual Credit Courses
HIS 203: U.S. History to 1900 (11th grade) -- GCC
HIS 204: US in the 20th Century (11th grade) -- GCC
PSY 101: General Psychology (12th grade) – GCC
SOC 101: Introduction to Sociology (12th grade) -- GCC
MAT 136: Algebra & Trigonometry (11th /12th grade) – GCC
MAT 140: Pre-calculus (11th/12th grade) -- GCC
MAT 141: Calculus (12th grade) – GCC
ENG 101: College Composition (12th grade) – GCC
ENG 105: Composition in the Humanities (12th grade) – GCC
BIO 102: Human Biology (12th grade) – GCC
SPAN 1203: Spanish 1 (11th/12th grade) – Alfred State