We are proud to offer both Advanced Placement courses as well as Dual Enrollment.
Benefits for the Student:
- The student can earn both high school and college credit at the same time.
- The courses and credits will be on the student’s GCC or Alfred State transcript and will transfer to many other colleges.
- Obtaining Dual Credit reduces the number of courses needed for a college degree after high school graduation.
- Tuition fees are lower.
- Courses are challenging, with college-level content and expectations.
- Students are introduced to the college experience while still at home and with their friends, increasing motivation to attend college after high school.
- Conducive Learning Environment – The students who choose to be in these rigorous classes want to be there and want to learn. These classes may be more stimulating.
- Your “Major” – Students could potentially earn enough credits to enter college as a sophomore and begin to work on their major that much sooner.
- Statistics prove that taking rigorous classes leads to future college success!
English Literature (11th grade)
United States History (11th grade)
Psychology (12th grade)
AP European History (12th grade)
Dual Credit Courses
HIS 203: U.S. History to 1900 (11th grade) -- GCC
HIS 204: US in the 20th Century (11th grade) -- GCC
PSY 101: General Psychology (12th grade) – GCC
SOC 101: Introduction to Sociology (12th grade) -- GCC
MAT 136: Algebra & Trigonometry (11th /12th grade) – GCC
MAT 140: Pre-calculus (11th/12th grade) -- GCC
MAT 141: Calculus (12th grade) – GCC
ENG 101: College Composition (12th grade) – GCC
ENG 105: Composition in the Humanities (12th grade) – GCC
BIO 102: Human Biology (12th grade) – GCC
SPAN 1203: Spanish 1 (11th/12th grade) – Alfred State
PHY 121: Physics - GCC
PHY 122: Physics - GCC